Ogbono or Apon comes from the seeds from the African Mango, also called Wild or bush Mango, which is then ground into the powder used in making Ogbono Soup. The African mango seed is said to have an impressive amount of healthy fats and fiber as well as other great nutritional benefits that would make you want to eat Ogbono Soup more often than you currently do…. 🙂 I tend to use a lot of dry fish in my cooking primarily because Mum makes it and its always readily available but any meat or fish will do…. We also had fresh water leaves which mum brought from her farm (bless her!) so I used water leaves in these but you can use any green vegetables from Ugu (fluted pumpkin leaves) to spinach, kale, bitter leaves, Scent leaves or Uziza.
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Kigali Genocide Memorial Unveils New Digital Education Platform For Genocide Education
- ❓🤔QUESTION FOR YOU: Should Kenyan Immigration Have Deported This Chinese Man Over His Racist Rant?
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Ogbono Soup
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95