As politics gets heated, fashionistas are not forgotten. This voting season, designers are showing us that fashion can go beyond the superficial. Bumper stickers are old school with politically minded top designers creating chic for their favorite candidate who happens to be Barrack Obama. Now, democratic fashionistas who support change can also support their high end style and that includes celebrities too.
More than twenty-five designers created Limited Edition pieces, for the project titled “#Runway to Change.” The collection launched in September, just in time for NYC Fashion Week can be seen in the upcoming issue of Vogue.
Runway to Change is a union of more than 25 designers including South Africa’s Albertus Swanepoel, who have created special pieces of clothing or accessories featuring Obama’s campaign logo or message. From T-shirts to tote bags, the limited-edition designer items are available on the candidate’s website: http://store.barackobama.com/Runway_To_Change_s/1034.htm
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95