For decades, Libyan Leader, #Muammar Gaddafi has pushed for a #United States of Africa, something all of AU’s 53 states have said they agree in principle to although they can’t seem to agree on a timeline. Estimates for how long this will take vary from nine to 35 years.
Now that President Gadaffi has finally won the top seat at the #African Union, he is promising to accelerate his drive for a United States of Africa, saying that if there was not a majority opposed at the next summit in July, this would mean the idea was approved – somewhat discordant with the AU’s traditional way of making decisions by consensus. “I hope my term will be a time of serious work and not just words” he said at his inaugural but will he be able to overcome the reluctance of many #African nations especially with his not so favorable past?
- Egypt Advances Its Plan to Become A Regional Center for Energy with Sudan Electric Linkage Project
- 👌🏾Kenyan Shatters Marathon World Record By 78 Seconds
- 👍🏾Tanzania App Emerges as Ecobank Fintech Challenge First Place Winner
- 😲 If You Are A Tanzania Female MP Who Does One Of These Things, You Will Be Banned Says Speaker of Parliament
- Thousands flock to Africa’s first Comic Con
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95