The Grammy nominations are out and on the list are Africans nominated in two categories.
South African acappella singing group, Ladysmith Black Mambazo were nominated in the category of Best World Music Album for Walking In The Footsteps Of Our Fathers. This marks the group’s 17th Grammy Award nomination. Ladysmith Black Mambazo has been awarded the Grammy Award four times; in 1988, for Shaka Zulu; in 2004, for Raise Your Spirit Higher; in 2009, for Ilembe and in 2013, for Singing For Peace Around The World.
Also on the list is South African fortepianist Kristian Bezuidenhout who received a nomination in the category of Best Classical Instrumental Solo for Mozart: Keyboard Music, Vols. 8 & 9 .
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95