Fans from across the world voted for the African footballer of the year. The winner is non other than Algeria and Leicester midfielder, Winger Mahrez, who won ahead of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Andre Ayew, Sadio Mane and Yaya Toure.
Mahrez, 25, told BBC Sport: “It means a lot, it’s something big for African players so I am very happy, I am very proud.
“It’s always good to receive awards and for African players it’s a huge honor. To all the fans, thank you very much.”
He added: “Also I want to thank the Algeria fans and dedicate this to them as well and for my family.
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Kigali Genocide Memorial Unveils New Digital Education Platform For Genocide Education
- ❓🤔QUESTION FOR YOU: Should Kenyan Immigration Have Deported This Chinese Man Over His Racist Rant?
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95