The 2018 FIFA World Cup draw is out. The groups seem evenly distributed without any obvious ‘group of death’ this time around. The event will be held from June 14th to July 15th, 2018 in Russia. The five African teams that have earned their spot to represent the continent are Nigeria, Egypt, Senegal, Morocco, and Tunisia. The teams secured their place after a long, two-year competition. A total of 64 games will be played to decide the winner of the FIFA World Cup.
World Cup Draw
- Group A: Russia, Uruguay, Egypt, Saudi Arabia
- Group B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco
- Group C: France, Peru, Denmark, Australia
- Group D: Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria
- Group E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia
- Group F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea
- Group G: Belgium, England, Tunisia, Panama
African Teams 2018 World Cup Schedule
- Friday, June 15:
- Egypt vs. Uruguay (Group A) Ekaterinburg 1 p.m.
- Morocco vs. Iran (Group B) St Petersburg 4 p.m.
- Saturday, June 16:
- Croatia vs. Nigeria (Group D) Kaliningrad 8 p.m.
- Monday, June 18:
- Tunisia vs. England (Group G) Volgograd 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 19:
- Poland vs. Senegal (Group H) Moscow (Spartak) 1 p.m.
- Russia vs. Egypt (Group A) St Petersburg 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 20:
- Portugal vs. Morocco (Group B) Moscow (Luzhniki) 1 p.m.
- Friday, June 22:
- Nigeria vs. Iceland (Group D) Volgograd 4 p.m.
- Saturday, June 23:
- Belgium vs. Tunisia (Group G) Moscow (Spartak) 1 p.m.
- Sunday, June 24:
- Japan vs. Senegal (H) Ekaterinburg 4 p.m.
- Monday, June 25:
- Saudi Arabia vs. Egypt (Group A) Volgograd 3 p.m.
- Spain vs. Morocco (Group B) Kaliningrad 7 p.m.;
- Tuesday, June 26:
- Nigeria vs. Argentina (Group D) St Petersburg 7 p.m.
- Thursday, June 28:
- Senegal vs. Colombia (H) Samara 3 p.m.
- Panama vs. Tunisia (Group G) Saransk 7 p.m.
The 16 remaining teams will form a single-elimination bracket. Here are the group matchups in the World Cup:
- Match 49: Winner Group A vs. Runner-up Group B – Saturday, June 30, 7 p.m., Sochi
- Match 50: Winner Group C vs. Runner-up Group D – Saturday, June 30, 3 p.m., Kazan
- Match 51: Winner Group E vs. Runner-up Group F – Sunday, July 1, 3 p.m., Moscow (Luzhniki)
- Match 52: Winner Group G vs. Runner-up Group H – Sunday, July 1, 7 p.m., Nizhny Novgorod
- Match 53: Winner Group B vs. Runner-up Group A – Monday, July 2, 3 p.m., Samara
- Match 54: Winner Group D vs. Runner-up Group C – Monday, July 2, 7 p.m., Rostov-on-Don
- Match 55: Winner Group F vs. Runner-up Group E – Tuesday, July 3, 3 p.m., St Petersburg
- Match 56: Winner Group H vs. Runner-up Group G – Tuesday, July 3, 7 p.m., Moscow (Spartak)
- Match 57: Winner of Match 49 (A/B) vs. Winner of Match 50 (C/D) – Friday, July 6, 3 p.m., Nizhny Novgorod
- Match 58: Winner of Match 51 (E/F) vs. Winner of Match 52 (G/H) – Friday, July 6, 7 p.m., Kazan
- Match 59: Winner of Match 53 (B/A) vs. Winner of Match 54 (D/C) – Saturday, July 7, 3 p.m., Samara
Match 60: Winner of Match 55 (F/E) vs. Winner of Match 56 (H/G) – Saturday, July 7, 7 p.m., Sochi
- Match 61: Winner of Match 57 vs. Winner of Match 58 – Tuesday, July 10, 7 p.m., St Petersburg
- Match 62: Winner of Match 59 vs. Winner of Match 60 – Wednesday, July 11, 7 p.m., Moscow (Luzhniki)
- Loser of Match 61 vs. Loser of Match 62 – Saturday, July 14, 3 p.m., St Petersburg
Final of the World Cup
- Winner of Match 61 vs. Winner of Match 62 – Sunday, July 15, 4 p.m., Moscow (Luzhniki)
Subscribe for Updates
- Hair3 months ago
These 15 Short Natural Haircuts Will Have You Chopping Off Your Hair
- Lifestyle3 months ago
Top Ten African Countries With The Most Powerful Passports In 2021
- Hair2 months ago
17 Gorgeous Fulani Braids Variations That Will Inspire Your Next Look
- News2 months ago
15-Year-Old Nigerian Defeats US And UK Candidates To Win Global Maths Competition
- Arts & Culture3 months ago
10 African Couple Outfits That Make A Bold Statement
- Fashion3 months ago
16 Men’s Hat Styles Making A Comeback
- Food3 months ago
5 Efo Riro Recipe Variations You Need To Try
- Arts & Culture2 months ago
10 Bloggers Share DIY Tricks To Make African Waist Beads