The 2018 FIFA World Cup draw is out. The groups seem evenly distributed without any obvious ‘group of death’ this time around. The even will be held from June 14th to July 15th 2018 in Russia. The five African teams that have earned their spot to represent the continent are Nigeria, Egypt, Senegal, Morocco, and Tunisia . The teams secured their place after a long, two-year competition. A total of 64 games will be played to decide the winner of the FIFA World Cup.
World Cup Draw
- Group A: Russia, Uruguay, Egypt, Saudi Arabia
- Group B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco
- Group C: France, Peru, Denmark, Australia
- Group D: Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria
- Group E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia
- Group F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea
- Group G: Belgium, England, Tunisia, Panama
African Teams 2018 World Cup Schedule
- Friday, June 15:
- Egypt vs. Uruguay (Group A) Ekaterinburg 1 p.m.
- Morocco vs. Iran (Group B) St Petersburg 4 p.m.
- Saturday, June 16:
- Croatia vs. Nigeria (Group D) Kaliningrad 8 p.m.
- Monday, June 18:
- Tunisia vs. England (Group G) Volgograd 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 19:
- Poland vs. Senegal (Group H) Moscow (Spartak) 1 p.m.
- Russia vs. Egypt (Group A) St Petersburg 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 20:
- Portugal vs. Morocco (Group B) Moscow (Luzhniki) 1 p.m.
- Friday, June 22:
- Nigeria vs. Iceland (Group D) Volgograd 4 p.m.
- Saturday, June 23:
- Belgium vs. Tunisia (Group G) Moscow (Spartak) 1 p.m.
- Sunday, June 24:
- Japan vs. Senegal (H) Ekaterinburg 4 p.m.
- Monday, June 25:
- Saudi Arabia vs. Egypt (Group A) Volgograd 3 p.m.
- Spain vs. Morocco (Group B) Kaliningrad 7 p.m.;
- Tuesday, June 26:
- Nigeria vs. Argentina (Group D) St Petersburg 7 p.m.
- Thursday, June 28:
- Senegal vs. Colombia (H) Samara 3 p.m.
- Panama vs. Tunisia (Group G) Saransk 7 p.m.
The 16 remaining teams will form a single-elimination bracket. Here are the group matchups:
- Match 49: Winner Group A vs. Runner-up Group B – Saturday, June 30, 7 p.m., Sochi
- Match 50: Winner Group C vs. Runner-up Group D – Saturday, June 30, 3 p.m., Kazan
- Match 51: Winner Group E vs. Runner-up Group F – Sunday, July 1, 3 p.m., Moscow (Luzhniki)
- Match 52: Winner Group G vs. Runner-up Group H – Sunday, July 1, 7 p.m., Nizhny Novgorod
- Match 53: Winner Group B vs. Runner-up Group A – Monday, July 2, 3 p.m., Samara
- Match 54: Winner Group D vs. Runner-up Group C – Monday, July 2, 7 p.m., Rostov-on-Don
- Match 55: Winner Group F vs. Runner-up Group E – Tuesday, July 3, 3 p.m., St Petersburg
- Match 56: Winner Group H vs. Runner-up Group G – Tuesday, July 3, 7 p.m., Moscow (Spartak)
- Match 57: Winner of Match 49 (A/B) vs. Winner of Match 50 (C/D) – Friday, July 6, 3 p.m., Nizhny Novgorod
- Match 58: Winner of Match 51 (E/F) vs. Winner of Match 52 (G/H) – Friday, July 6, 7 p.m., Kazan
- Match 59: Winner of Match 53 (B/A) vs. Winner of Match 54 (D/C) – Saturday, July 7, 3 p.m., Samara
Match 60: Winner of Match 55 (F/E) vs. Winner of Match 56 (H/G) – Saturday, July 7, 7 p.m., Sochi
- Match 61: Winner of Match 57 vs. Winner of Match 58 – Tuesday, July 10, 7 p.m., St Petersburg
- Match 62: Winner of Match 59 vs. Winner of Match 60 – Wednesday, July 11, 7 p.m., Moscow (Luzhniki)
- Loser of Match 61 vs. Loser of Match 62 – Saturday, July 14, 3 p.m., St Petersburg
- Winner of Match 61 vs. Winner of Match 62 – Sunday, July 15, 4 p.m., Moscow (Luzhniki)
- Money Matters1 month ago
The Njangi: An African Financial Support System
- Game Changer4 weeks ago
How An African Overcame Racism To Become The Most Famous Black Man In Korea
- Lifestyle3 weeks ago
Reverse Brain Drain: The reason Kim and Priscilla Addison moved to Ghana to do business
- Travel3 months ago
16 Beautiful Cities to Visit In Africa
- Game Changer3 months ago
Top 10 Current African Heads of State
- Sports2 months ago
Top 20 African Soccer Players To Watch In 2019
- Travel2 months ago
10 Must See Historic Sites In Ghana
- Game Changer2 months ago
Nigerian Makes History At NASA