South Africa has a new executive mayor for the City of Tshwane and he is not about to do business as usual. Executive Mayor Solly Msimanga’s first order of business is to cut back on costs and he has already vocalized some important changes.
He said in a statement:
No new luxury cars will be bought or leased for politicians‚ and if vehicles currently owned by Tshwane require replacement‚ sensible and low-cost vehicles will be procured.
I will not allow public money to be spent on luxury cars‚ while our people struggle for services‚ houses and jobs.
A Hyundai i20 or Toyota Corolla can do the same job for a politician as an expensive sedan.”
- Egypt Advances Its Plan to Become A Regional Center for Energy with Sudan Electric Linkage Project
- 👌🏾Kenyan Shatters Marathon World Record By 78 Seconds
- 👍🏾Tanzania App Emerges as Ecobank Fintech Challenge First Place Winner
- 😲 If You Are A Tanzania Female MP Who Does One Of These Things, You Will Be Banned Says Speaker of Parliament
- Thousands flock to Africa’s first Comic Con
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95