South Africa’s Louis Oosthuizen won his first major golf title yesterday with a seven-stroke victory in the British Open at St. Andrews.
The 27-year-old clinched his maiden major title with a composed display of front-running after taking the lead on Friday.
Oosthuizen began the final day four strokes clear of Paul Casey and carded a 71 to finish 16 under around the Old Course.
Westwood picked up two shots in a round of 70 to edge into second on nine under, with Northern Ireland’s Rory McIlroy (68), Sweden’s Henrik Stenson (71) and England’s Casey (75) in a tie for third on eight under.
World number one Tiger Woods, who was aiming to win a third successive St Andrews Open, was unable to make up any ground and ended well adrift on three under after a level-par 72 that included double bogeys on the fourth and seventh. [READ MORE …]
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95