19 #African countries and Jamaica were represented by 24 teams at the 1st Annual Arican Community Soccer Tournament (ACST) in Los Angeles, California which wrapped up with #Sierra Leone’s ‘#Leone Stars’ taking the ACST Cup Title after defeating #Cameroon’s ‘L.A. #Lions’ team 2 to 1. The other African countries who participated include Ghana, Senegal, Zambia, Kenya, Cote D’Ivoire, DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Guinea, Mali, Mauritania, Morrocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Togo, Tanzania and Uganda.
The tournament’s organizer, Vuvuzela Media and Marketing, a niche marketing group that focuses on Los Angeles’ African and West Indian communities, believes that the ACST is paving the way for the recognition and contribution of Blacks in soccer in Los Angeles.
“The African Community Soccer Tournament is an event that puts a face on our community and puts on display our love and passion for soccer while bringing us all together to celebrate our common bonds—Africa, soccer, and the city of Los Angeles” says #Charlotte Kouassi, company co-founder and Republic of Côte d’Ivoire native.
For all of the 2011 African Community Soccer Tournament highlights including scores, photos, and videos, you can visit www.africansoccerla.com
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95