Ghanaian Hip Hop Artist Sarkodie’s new album Highest has shot to the top of the iTunes album charts in Ghana, and landed the #2 spot on the iTunes album charts in Nigeria. The album also reached the top 20 on the iTunes Hip-Hop/Rap album charts in both the UK and US, landing at #13 and #7 respectively. In other parts of the world, the album gained massive strides as well, reaching the top 30 on the iTunes Hip-Hop/Rap album charts in Canada and Switzerland.
Packed with 15 brand new songs, 3 interludes and a bonus track, Sarkodie’s Highest album had already been setting the pace even before its release, with a landmark UK press tour and support from the biggest global tastemakers including Noisey, BBC 1Xtra, MTV, Hunger Magazine, Capital Xtra, and Radar Radio, to mention a few.
The chart-topping album features major homegrown and international collaborations, with the likes of long-time friend and producer Jayso, UK’s very own Big Narstie, Victoria Kimani Kenya), Moelogo (UK), renowned spoken word artist Suli Breaks (UK), Korede Bello (Nigeria), Praiz (
Nigeria), Yung L (Nigeria), Joey B (Ghana), Jesse Jagz (Nigeria), Flavour ( Nigeria) and Bobii Lewis (UK).
So far we are leaning towards a favorite on the album and it is the song “We No Dey Fear” featuring Jayso. Whether you understand his native Twi language or not, there is no denying that Sarkodie is a gifted artist.
Which is your favorite song on his new Album?
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Kigali Genocide Memorial Unveils New Digital Education Platform For Genocide Education
- ❓🤔QUESTION FOR YOU: Should Kenyan Immigration Have Deported This Chinese Man Over His Racist Rant?
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95