Africa needs infrastructure! that is one fact Africans don’t need to debate or disagree on. As a matter of fact it is one area of frustration that can often rear its ugly head when major investments are considered in different African countries. Granted some countries have advanced more than others but it is still one of the biggest areas that is still playing catch up. So it is always refreshing to hear that African countries are making effort to change the status quo for the better.
Poor infrastructure has been one of the delays for transformative impact in the economies with investors shying away from any projects that would incur extra costs due to lack of improved infrastructure. It has brought an imbalance in development and expansion of businesses as enterprises prefer areas with good infrastructure proximity than remote areas with expensive cost of operations.
Rwanda does not want to be left behind. Rwanda has announced its membership in Africa50, the Pan-African infrastructure investment platform that will help spearhead the country into achieving its objectives relating to improved infrastructure. The platform contributes to Africa’s growth by developing and investing in bankable projects, catalyzing public sector capital, and mobilizing private sector funding, with differentiated financial returns and impact.
The East African Community (EAC) partner states have made it their primary mandate to focus on infrastructure development, not only because it has an economic impact but as a hook to draw investors their way.
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95