Malva Pudding is one big part of South African Desserts, it is easy and can create more dessert out of one recipe. One great thing about this Malva pudding is that you can add more ingredients like Fruits, Nuts and Wines. However we will be using Jams.
Malva pudding is a pudding that's like spongy and delicious and then you pour over a rich creamy yummy sugary buttery sauce and that's what's gonna be so good.
1. Add 150 grams of flour to a bowl these are all my dry ingredients a cup of sugar and a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
2. Add half a cup of milk, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence that is gonna give it the best flavor the best and also add 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
3. It is very strange that you would add vinegar to a dessert
but this gives the Spanish cake of the Malva pudding such a great texture. Add 2 teaspoons of white vinegar.
4. This is the secret recipe it's three tablespoons of apricot jam jam. Get our jam mix, give it a nice mix and it's basically gonna resemble like a cake and what make the pudding is. It's a pudding that's kind a like a sponge cake and it's so rich in YUM and then you've got a sort that gets poured over.
5. Pour it into a 10 or a loaf pan and put it in the oven at around 180 degrees.
For the Sauce:
The rich sauce is going to be poured over the sponge cake of the Malva and that's gonna give us our delicious pudding.
1. The Malva Pudding needs a delicious rich sauce to be poured on top. Melt 1/2 a cup of butter along with half a cup of sugar, 1/2 a cup of fresh cream and a tablespoon of vanilla essence.
2. Add 1/3 of a cup of water and let that boil up nice so the Malva Pudding is just up the oven and pour over the delicious sauce that we made earlier on and that's gonna soak into the pudding, and it's gonna give it a lovely soft moist pudding texture.