Updated June 13, 2018
This policy describes how African Ubora, Inc (“We” “Us”) collects, uses, shares, and secures information on our owned and operated websites, mobile applications and other properties, as well as the services we use to communicate with consumers and to facilitate communications between consumers and the businesses who advertise with us. Although you should read through the entire policy for complete information, the following provides a summary of some of the most important aspects of our privacy practices:
- We use your personally-identifiable information to provide you with products, services, and information, including more relevant search results and advertising and to make sharing with others quicker and easier, while enabling you to maintain control of that sharing.
- We may share your personally-identifiable information with third parties in some situations, such as if you decide to communicate with a company that advertises through our application.
- We are committed to working with you to reach the right balance of what information we collect, use, and share, by providing you with ways to control information that we collect, through our opt-out mechanisms.
- We take reasonable measures to secure your sensitive personally-identifiable information, but we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your sensitive personally-identifiable information will remain secure in all circumstances.
What Information Do We Collect?
When we use the term “information” we are referring to both personally-identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable information that we collect about you. “Personally-identifiable information” refers to information that personally identifies you, or can reasonably be linked to you by us. Personally-identifiable information can either be “sensitive” or “non-sensitive.” “Sensitive personally-identifiable information” refers to information that is generally considered confidential such as your financial account number, billing information, social security number, and precise location. “Non-sensitive personally-identifiable information” refers to information that is generally not considered confidential such as your name, date of birth, mail or email address, telephone number, friends’ name or email address if you choose to refer them to us, general geographic information (e.g., your city or state), account preferences, and business information. “Non-personally-identifiable information” refers to information that does not specifically identify you, or has been processed so as to effectively prevent your identification, and may include data associated with a particular computer or device you are using that does not personally identify you.
How information is used
Our primary purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with products, services, information, and advertisements that match your interests and preferences. For example, we may use this information to fulfill your order, respond to your inquiries, administer your account, send marketing, assess your needs and interests in order to better tailor offers and/or advertising, improve our website and marketing, conduct research, display content based upon your interests, allow you to search information on our site, and/or list you in our search and directory services. We do this on behalf of ourselves and the businesses which advertise with us. We also use traffic data received through our technologies, in conjunction with third-party demographic and interest-based data, to provide services to our Customers such as tools to see how their website or mobile applications are used.
We collect information from you by asking that you provide it to us on-line, through a mobile application or device or via other means by which we communicate with you. We also collect information when you choose to communicate with us or when you choose to utilize our services to communicate with other users of our services or with the businesses who advertise with us. We also collect information about your interactions with third-party websites and applications that use our technologies, and may combine the information we collect about you with additional demographic and interest-based data from third-party providers. This may include:
- Identification data (e.g. name, username, password, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address);
- Profile information (e.g. age, gender, country of residence, language preference, business listings and any information that you choose to make available as part of your user profile);
- Products or services ordered and delivered;
- The content of any communications you choose to have with us or with any of our other users or advertisers via the services we make available (e.g. reviews, comments, e-mails, instant messages, recorded telephone calls (including those which we records or store on behalf of our advertisers), user-generated content, etc.); and
- Data from surveys in which you participate.
Cookies and Other Persistent Identifiers
African Ubora or third parties we contract with may use persistent identifiers such as cookies, embedded scripts, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or similar technologies to collect certain information about visitors to our site and interactions with our online and mobile sponsorship information or advertisements.
We may also collect information from you automatically. For instance, we, like many websites and applications, automatically collect information including the computer or wireless device you use, unique device identifier, location data, the type of browser and operating system that you use, the internet provider or wireless carrier you use, the webpages or applications you view, the time and duration of your visits, the search queries that you enter, and how you interact with advertising. In addition to information that we collect from you, we may collect information about you from third parties for purposes such as ad targeting, optimization and reporting.
For example, we may automatically collect certain non-personal information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, geographical location, operating system, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access the site, software version, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, phone model, phone operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the site. We also may collect information about your use of the site, including the date and time you visit the site, the areas or pages of the site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the site, the number of times you return to the site, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our site, advertising that you click on, and other sites that you may visit.
You can still use African Ubora’s websites if you have set your browser to reject cookies or tracking identifiers, but it may prevent you from viewing or accessing some of the features of our sites.
African Ubora’s websites do not track visitors from the EU and EEA.
Uses of Persistent Identifiers
African Ubora or third parties may use identifiers to generate certain kinds of site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used to understand how visitors use our sites and provide better services to you. African Ubora or third parties may also use identifiers to personalize the display of sponsorships or advertisements and customize the content you see while using our sites and sometimes while visiting other websites (see Your Ad Choices below).
African Ubora may transfer, or allow third parties to collect, analytic information about your visit to African Ubora websites to help us improve our websites and better serve you when you visit us online in the future. Analytic information may include such identifiers as your browser type, IP address, referring site URL, web pages you view and links you click on while navigating within our sites.
We use this information for a number of purposes, such as to provide easier site navigation, access to forms, or to track analytics and certain statistical information that enables us to improve our site and provide you with more relevant content and information on our site and other sites.
We may also use third party analytics and advertising tools, or allow third party companies, to serve ads and/or automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you interact with our site, advertising, or social media. This may include click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over. These third party tools or companies may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, or log files to collect such information.
How African Ubora Uses Your Information
We will use information you affirmatively submit to African Ubora for the purpose for which it is submitted, such as to reply to your email, respond to your inquiry, handle your complaint, publish your customer review or comment, process billing and donation transactions, register your participation in an event, respond to requests related to program participation, review applications to be a African Ubora arbitrator, publish your scam report and communicate with you when necessary. We may also use such information to provide operational notices, in program record-keeping and to conduct research on industry marketplace practices. We may publish aggregate data, but the aggregate data will not include any user information you provided to us. At this time we do not respond to “do not track” signals issued by web browsers. We may contact individuals registering for events with information about other African Ubora events or, if relevant, membership or sponsorship opportunities.
We may use third party contractors to act on our behalf, and these contractors are obligated to not disclose or use your information for other purposes.
African Ubora relies on information collected from our users to develop new services and conduct analysis to enhance current content and services. Information collected from you may be used to review usage and operations of our site and address any resulting issues with our site.
At certain points where your information is collected on our site, there may be a box where you may indicate you would like to be on a mailing list to receive information about African Ubora or its affiliated organizations. This election box only appears in places where the service collecting your information maintains such lists. You can remove your name from a African Ubora mailing list by utilizing the appropriate unsubscribe feature contained in the emails.
African Ubora may also use the information we collect from you to enhance your online experience and provide you with customized site content and targeted information on the site, across third party sites, or through your mobile device.
Your Ad Choices
Other Ways Your Information May Be Shared
Inquiries, Complaints and Reviews
In order to process a complaint, African Ubora may send the complaint to the business (which may be outside of your country), handle the complaint itself, or refer the complaint to another appropriate organization for handling. African Ubora may handle complaints against foreign businesses or African Ubora may refer such complaints to an appropriate foreign organization. Depending on the type of complaint, African Ubora will provide complaints to the company complained about and, in some situations, to the company’s franchisor or licensor for quality control purposes. African Ubora may also send a customer review to the subject business (which may be outside of your country). By completing a complaint or review form or sending us a request or inquiry, you are authorizing us to forward your information to the appropriate African Ubora office or to the proper business.
African Ubora may also share your information under the following circumstances:
- We respond to requests from governmental agencies or where required by law (such as by subpoena, investigative demand, court order or regulation).
- We may share information where our records indicate a company may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other unfair or deceptive practices that we believe should be referred to a governmental agency or a private organization whose work is consistent with the African Ubora mission;
- We may share information with appropriate governmental authorities, where warranted by a company’s failure to (i) participate in African Ubora or African Ubora self-regulatory programs; (ii) follow procedures or implement a decision of African Ubora EU Privacy Shield or (iii) participate in or honor the recommendations of the National Advertising Division, Children’s Advertising Review Unit, National Advertising Review Board, Electronic Retailing Self-Regulatory Program, or Online Interest-Based Advertising Accountability Program.
- We may share information with appropriate persons or governmental authorities, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
- We may share business information with third parties for such purposes as allowing search engines to identify African Ubora accredited businesses, or for quality control purposes of franchisors or licensors.
If you are visiting our site from outside the United States, be aware that your information will be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located within the United States. The collection, use, retention and any other processing of your information will be governed by United States law and further by the specific jurisdictions within the United States where that information is stored, unless otherwise specified.
If African Ubora changes this policy in the future, we will post the changes here and indicate the date of the changes at the top of the policy.
- Egypt Advances Its Plan to Become A Regional Center for Energy with Sudan Electric Linkage Project
- 👌🏾Kenyan Shatters Marathon World Record By 78 Seconds
- 👍🏾Tanzania App Emerges as Ecobank Fintech Challenge First Place Winner
- 😲 If You Are A Tanzania Female MP Who Does One Of These Things, You Will Be Banned Says Speaker of Parliament
- Thousands flock to Africa’s first Comic Con
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95