Kenyan President, Uhuru Kenyatta issued a very public apology to Kalonzo Musyoka, Raila Odinga, Musalia Mudavadi and Moses Wetangula after leading the National Prayer Breakfast event at Safari Park hotel. The Kenyan leaders put Kenya ahead of their egos and made peace for the sake of their country. This is something we do not see often anywhere in the world and irrespective of whether you are Kenyan or not, there is no denying that this move inspired all.
Watch The Apology Here
“We have campaigned against one another. We have said nasty things about one another. We have hurt one another. On my behalf, I ask for your forgiveness and tender my apology. Kalonzo Musyoka, Raila Odinga, Musalia Mudavadi and Moses Wetangula,” the Kenyan President stated.
President Kenyatta noted that while Kenya has had many shortcomings, it has also had great successes and leaders need to bring the country together to multiply those successes into 10 folds.
The President, who was accompanied by First Lady Margaret Kenyatta, emphasised that forgiveness should be viewed as a sign of great strength, not weakness.
President Kenyatta added since Kenya is a democracy, people would never always agree on everything and will from time to time have differences in terms of political opinion. He further urged that the differences should never lead to bloodshed and destruction of property. On the issues that Kenyans agree, the President implored leaders to work together to ensure the national goals are achieved.
“The challenges facing this country are huge: we still have to ensure we give our people adequate healthcare, adequate housing – surely we can’t disagree on that,” the President pointed out.
He added: “We need to be able to ensure that our people have access to electricity and decent jobs – surely, we can agree on that and pull together in order to ensure we make the lives of our people better.”
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95