More than 4,000 delegates from 80 countries are expected to converge in Kigali next month for the Transform Africa Summit 2018.
The summit will bring together African leaders, private sector players, representatives of development partners that are active the ICT (Information and Communications Technology) field, among others.
Up to 22 Heads of State and Governments are expected to attend the gathering due to begin on May 8.
The theme for this year’s summit revolves around a continental single digital market.
The summit will feature multiple side events covering a wide-range of areas, including digital connectivity, digital trading and trade facilitation, financial platforms, digital identification, and digital content platforms.
Jean-Philbert Nsengimana, the special adviser of the Kigali-based Smart Africa secretariat – which spearheads ICT initiatives across the continent – told The New Times the annual summit has grown into an important forum on the continent.
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95