Barack Obama’s maternal grandmother lost the fight to Cancer on Sunday November 2nd. She shaped much of the life of the Democratic presidential contender. His grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham was 86. In a joint statement with his sister Maya Soetoro-Ng, Obama said Dunham died peacefully late Sunday night after a battle with cancer.
They said: “She was the cornerstone of our family, and a woman of extraordinary accomplishment, strength, and humility. She was the person who encouraged and allowed us to take chances.”
Obama learned of her death this morning while he was campaigning in Jacksonville, Fla. It is so unfortunate that she will not witness his historic victory in an event he wins the 2008 Presidential elections.
- Egypt Advances Its Plan to Become A Regional Center for Energy with Sudan Electric Linkage Project
- 👌🏾Kenyan Shatters Marathon World Record By 78 Seconds
- 👍🏾Tanzania App Emerges as Ecobank Fintech Challenge First Place Winner
- 😲 If You Are A Tanzania Female MP Who Does One Of These Things, You Will Be Banned Says Speaker of Parliament
- Thousands flock to Africa’s first Comic Con
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95