“The show will be about our lives as young, black women… We’re not wearing ‘I’m a Mandela’ T-shirts,” Swati Dlamini, granddaughter of Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, told reporters in Johannesburg on Thursday.
Said her cousin Dorothy Adjoa Amuah, granddaughter of the late Evelyn Mandela: “We are exposing Africa for what it is… with a new middle class of intellectuals… contributing to the economy.”
Dlamini, Amuah and Swati’s older sister Zaziwe Dlamini-Manaway, grew up in the United States, but returned to #South Africa for business and family reasons.
The show would take an unscripted look at the role of the new generation of women as mothers and career women.
“We’re definitely not the #African Kardashians [three US reality stars],” Amuah said.
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95