The night kicked off with host Wyclef doing a tribute acappela to African nations and proceeded with performances that excited the crowd.
Trevor Nelson who hosted last year was no match for Wyclef who took the event to new heights. He challenged Akon to a ‘power tussle’ to do 25 pushups on stage which they did. He also challenged Akon to join him in stripping to boxers. He strips to his black Armani boxers and Akon to his white Calvin Klein boxers keeping the audience entertained.
The event closed with 5 African countries taking all awards. Nigeria topped the charts this year still with 5 Awards, Kenya and South Africa both carried 3 each while Ghana and Congo Brazaville left with one each. Lucky Dube’s son emotionally received his late father’s Legend Award. The night closed with a tribute to Michael Jackson.
BEST MALE – Nameless (Kenya)
BEST PERFORMER – Samini (Ghana)
BEST GROUP – P Square (Nigeria)
BEST ALTERNATIVE – Zebra and Giraffe (South Africa)
BEST HIP HOP – M.I. (Nigeria)
BEST R&B – 2FACE (Nigeria)
ARTIST OF THE YEAR – D’Banj (Nigeria)
BEST NEW ACT – M.I. (Nigeria)
BEST VIDEO – HHP (South Africa)
LEGEND AWARD – Lucky Dube (South Africa)
MY VIDEO AWARD – Patricke-Stevie Moungondo (Congo Brazzaville)
LISTENERS CHOICE AWARD – Nameless (Kenya)
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95