There are African children whose parents reject their heritage and try really hard to abandon the very essence of what makes them African; their clothes, their food, their culture and even their beautiful black skin, which some perceive as a pigmented disability. Not Madonna.
The famous pop singer sent social media buzzing when she posted a picture on Instagram of her handsome 11 year old adopted Malawian son, David Banda, standing beside a photo of his biological parents donning his traditional robes. She commented on the photo:
“Be Proud of who you are and where you come from!!”
David Banda was absorbed into the Madonna’s family via adoption as a baby back in 2006. She has widened the expanse of her family since then, with the adoption of three other Malawian children. 11 year old Mercy James was adopted in 2009 and four-year-old twins, Esther and Stella Mwale, this February. She now has 6 children, two of which are her biological children.
The Singer proudly owns her own international charity foundation The Raising Malawi charity. The organization is structurally pruned towards fighting child poverty in Malawi via means of health and educational programs.
- Egypt Advances Its Plan to Become A Regional Center for Energy with Sudan Electric Linkage Project
- 👌🏾Kenyan Shatters Marathon World Record By 78 Seconds
- 👍🏾Tanzania App Emerges as Ecobank Fintech Challenge First Place Winner
- 😲 If You Are A Tanzania Female MP Who Does One Of These Things, You Will Be Banned Says Speaker of Parliament
- Thousands flock to Africa’s first Comic Con
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95