Pop start Madonna’s love for Malawi cannot be denied. Four of her children are from the country and she has become a constant in helping nudge progress in the country. So it is not very surprising that she launched a $60,000 fundraiser to support her work with children in Malawi. The fundraiser has already raised more than $11,000 in the first 24 hours.
The “Rebel Heart” singer, said 100 percent of every contribution would go directly to her Raising Malawi foundation’s rural orphanage, Home of Hope.
“For my birthday, I can think of no better gift than connecting my global family with this beautiful country and the children who need our help most,” Madonna wrote.
“Every dollar raised will go directly to meals, schools, uniforms and healthcare,” she added.
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95