Ethiopian super-model Liya Kebede, who has graced the covers of Haute Couture magazines like Vogue, and who has walked the runways for Africa Arise and more, has earned spot number 35 on The Giant Top 50 list.
Giant magazine annualy compiles it’s list of the 50 most infleuntial people who are “changing the world we live in and impacting our state of being”. Liya’s nomination is no surprise considering the waves she has made in the fashion industry for the past 10 years.
She was the first black model to represent Estee Lauder and was one of the African models featured in the Vogue Italia’s all black issue in the summer of 2008. Her movie Desert Flower will be released soon, and she has signed a deal with US retailer J.Crew to have her children’s clothing line Lem-Lem sold there.
With her work as a global UN goodwill ambassador for maternal health and other humanitarian works, Liya Kebede is what Giant describes as “the epitome of what a model citizen can be”.
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95