Djimon Hounsou and his belle,Kimora Lee Simmons held a commitment ceremony in his native Benin, Africa over the summer Usmgazine.com reported.
“The couple is very happy and dedicated to each other one hundred percent,” Simmons’ rep told Us.
The pair, who donned traditional garb, “did it to show how committed to each other they are in front of his family,” the source says, emphasizing that it was not a wedding.
Simmons’ daughters with her ex, Russell (whom she finalized her divorce from in January 2009), Ming Lee, 8, and Aoki Lee, 6, were also present.
“Ming Lee and Aoki call Djimon ‘baba,’ which means a father figure in certain cultures. They all live as one happy family together,” says the source. “Russell respects Djimon and they get along great. He is very happy for her.”
For now, the couple is “not engaged,” the source tells Us.
“Everything is great with them and they are happily awaiting the birth of their child together,” the source adds.
The family celebrated the union in Paris afterward, according to the New York Daily News, which first reported the story.
After meeting Hounsou in February 2007, Simmons said, “I have someone who has the heart, the soul and the hotness.”
Added Hounsou, “My first impression has always been the same, that she’s a very beautiful lady, very capable and intelligent and smart with great family values. She’s the least high-maintenance lady I’ve ever dated.”
Asked if she wanted more kids, Simmons told Us last September, “I would love to. I practice everyday.”
- Egypt Advances Its Plan to Become A Regional Center for Energy with Sudan Electric Linkage Project
- 👌🏾Kenyan Shatters Marathon World Record By 78 Seconds
- 👍🏾Tanzania App Emerges as Ecobank Fintech Challenge First Place Winner
- 😲 If You Are A Tanzania Female MP Who Does One Of These Things, You Will Be Banned Says Speaker of Parliament
- Thousands flock to Africa’s first Comic Con
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95