Kenya will on Friday move up to second place on the medals table when Vivian Cheruiyot adds the 5,000 metres gold to the one she won in the 10,000m race on the opening day of the 13th IAAF World Championships in Athletics on Saturday.
The Kenyans will burn out Ethiopia’s perennial challenger, Meseret Defar, and then consolidate their gains by providing cover for Cheruiyot’s final burst of speed to the tape.
Cheruiyot’s gold will bring the gold count to five after Ezekiel Kemboi blasted away with 150 metres to go to clinch Kenya’s fourth gold in the 3,000m steeplechase on Thursday.
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95