The Australian Senate will have a woman born and raised in Kenya as one of its 76 members after Mrs Lucy Gichuhi was on Wednesday confirmed.
The High Court declared Mrs Gichuhi, 54, one of the 12 senators for the state of South Australia, ending speculation that a question on her citizenship would derail her dream of becoming a representative.
“I humbly accept this honour and privilege to serve Australians,” said Mrs Gichuhi, who has been an Australian citizen since 2001, in a speech to journalists after the declaration.
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Kigali Genocide Memorial Unveils New Digital Education Platform For Genocide Education
- ❓🤔QUESTION FOR YOU: Should Kenyan Immigration Have Deported This Chinese Man Over His Racist Rant?
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95