Kenyan artist and designer Wawi Amasha is behind Mami Afrika Designs, a brand featuring clothing, jewelry and wearable art. Amasha’s designs reflect the celebration of life with the use of vibrant colors inspired by the Motherland, warming the heart at a glance. Every item is handcrafted with love, totally unique and never exactly duplicated. She is one of the designers who will be featured on the #African Vibes Magazine “#I Wear African” Runway.
She mainly uses a fabric called “Khanga or Lesso very common in East Africa. The khanga is a colorful garment worn by women and occasionally by men throughout Eastern Africa. Each has a unique Swahili saying; usually of bright colors and bold patterns with a decorated border around the main design.
[slickr-flickr search=”sets” set=”72157626588174980″ items=”60″ type=”gallery” flickr_link=”on”]
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95