Flexible working hours may be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience telling stories related to web content, pop culture, music, or news or for an editorial brand or platform.
- Marketing, media, or creative industry-related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfort and experience public speaking in a professional capacity.
- Experience working in breaking news environments or social media companies, with a remit to track and identify memes, songs, and trends.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic and constantly evolving context.
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships cross-functionally, such as across marketing, communications, and engineering.
- Passion for the web video/YouTube ecosystem and short-form content/memes.
About The Job
YouTube Marketing’s mission is to know our users, and to connect them to the magic of our products and creators. We make YouTube successful by shaping people’s perceptions of YouTube and inspiring them to engage with us. We’re also responsible for all of YouTube’s marketing activities to consumers, creators, and key opinion influencers.
As a YouTube Shorts Trends Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and improve understanding of YouTube, viral internet culture, trending music, memes, and short form video content. You’ll join the YouTube Culture and Trends team, which uses data to track trends, and connect YouTube stories and content to millions of people. This includes community-focused initiatives, as well as other projects built around popular content across entertainment, news, music, sports, and more.
You’ll manage efforts around popular trends, channels, and videos, and develop programming strategies, with a focus on short-form video and hashtags, helping support YouTube’s Shorts feature. You’ll leverage data and research to create positive, engaging user experiences on a daily basis and work with cross-functional teams to help users and creators better understand what’s happening on YouTube. In this role, you will be immersed in the YouTube community and the daily social media conversation.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Manage a global programming coordination effort, reviewing and organizing popular videos and trends each day while taking into account complex policies and considerations.
- Assess and make decisions about the appropriateness of different content for various audiences and provide an expert view on cultural sensitivities.
- Be an expert on the latest memes, hit songs, and content trends, tracking breakout hashtags and creators on a daily basis.
- Leverage data to analyze the audience, drive program strategies, and support marketing and communication initiatives with culture and trends research.
- Represent YouTube occasionally as a spokesperson or by delivering presentations about local trends to internal and external audiences.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.
Subscribe for Updates
- News3 months ago
DISCUSSION: South Africans Are Debating A Woman’s Right To Have More Than One Husband😳. What Do You Think?
- Arts & Culture3 months ago
15 Unforgettable Ankara Styles By 15 African Actresses
- Fashion2 months ago
20 African Bridesmaid Dress Ideas That You Won’t Find Anywhere
- Arts & Culture3 months ago
25 African Shirt For Men From African Prints
- Community News3 weeks ago
Johns Hopkins Honors Nigerian Teen Fareedah Oyolola As World Brightest Student
- Designer Spotlight3 months ago
Designer Spotlight: French Designer Olivier Rousteing Traces His Roots to Africa
- Celebrities2 months ago
Which Of These Top 10 Elite And Upcoming Kenya Musicians Is Your Favorite?
- Art3 months ago
13 Afrocentric Home Decor Ideas For 2021