This role falls within the Communications Team that forms part of Group Retirement Solutions (GRS) – part of Product Solutions. This Team is responsible for providing Communication Consulting Services to the Old Mutual SuperFund, Protektor and Unclaimed Benefits Retirement Funds. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a must, as well as an eagle eye for detail. Communication needs to be your passion!
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Fulfilling the role of Communication Consultant to the Funds
- Attending quarterly meetings with the Funds’ Trustees
- Managing the deliveries of the Communications Team in line with the agreed Service Level
- Agreements, Communication Plan and Scorecards, as well as acting as Line Manager to the Staff in the Team
- Developing and enhancing the Communication Strategies and Policies for the Funds
- Creating communication opportunities with a strong focus on digital channels as well as looking at developing new channels that will invoke interest and attract readership and participation
- Working closely with Stakeholders across various Business Units
- Ensuring that the quality and accuracy of all communication produced is of the highest standard
- Managing and mitigating risks
- Being individually accountable for achieving results through their own efforts and through the efforts of the Communication Team.
Key Result Areas
- Develop and implement Communication Strategies and Policies
- Manage delivery of the Communication Plan and budget
- Select the key messages and communication channels
- Write and checks communication
- Create communication opportunities and manage and mitigates risks
- Research and develop new channels and opportunities.
- Have an understanding of the enterprise in order to develop more effective communication
- A relevant diploma or degree in communication, business or journalism.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a communication consulting role.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Experience in the Retirement Fund Industry would be an advantage.
The appointment will be made from the designated group in line with the Employment Equity Plan of Old Mutual South Africa and the specific business unit.
- 15 October 2021
To apply for this job please visit oldmutual.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.