The role is responsible to drive the implementation of the new Knowledge and Insights capability focusing on delivering actionable research and insights, managing the translation of the Theory of Change Model into a data-driven, outcomes-based platform that tracks and monitors key metrics and indicators that can provide information, analysis, trends and foresight that enable the development of customer, brand, marketing, public affairs, sustainability and ESG functional area strategies to improve Old Mutual Limited’s competitiveness across all the markets where it operates on the continent. The role collaborates and delivers in partnership with Business Units across the Group.
Research & Insights:
- Manage the planning, scoping and delivery of Customer research insights
- Manage the planning, scoping and delivery of Marketing research insights
- Manage the planning, scoping and delivery of Public Affairs research insights
- Manage the planning, scoping and delivery of Sustainability and ESG research and insights
- Coordinate involvement of relevant stakeholders through the research process
- Provides governance and ensures consistency of process, methodology and measurement is applied to Research and Insights across the Group.
- Provides coordination across the Group to optimise delivery.
- Develop and deliver a GMPAS Research and Business intelligence capability to provide business insights for opportunity identification and impact assessment across the OML Group.
- Deliver research to guide sustainability entity decisions.
- Produce OML impact insights.
Theory of Change Model Implementation:
- Define, maintain and report on the OML Theory of Change & Impact Metric Framework indicators and metrics.
- Develop, maintain and optimise the GMPAS knowledge management system.
- Define and report on GMPAS targets and indicators in support of GMPAS monitoring and evaluation.
- Positively influence and manage change by providing mechanisms and support to implement New Ways of Work, including digital transformation and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a suitable platform with self-service analytics and insights for key stakeholders.
- Ensure data inputs across Customer, Marketing, Public Affairs, Sustainability and ESG areas and ensure ongoing updates on Impact Monitoring and Evaluation
Manage Data-Driven Capability, Reporting and Visualization:
- Manage the GMPAS data frameworks and architecture to support the consolidation and transformation of data from various sources into insights.
- Design and perform data analysis to deliver reliable and actionable insights for decision-making.
- Maintain a reporting framework to support the delivery of reports that meet business requirements for GMPAS, OML QBR, OML Exco and OML Board
- Develop templates that use effective data visualisation/storytelling to ensure that the data can easily be understood by the target audience.
- Lead the pivot towards “real-time” data-driven insights leveraging the use of dashboards and world-class reporting technology tools
Perform central execution:
- Prepare and conduct GMPAS skills training, to prepare BU to implement in line with playbooks and standards. Develop and implement effective mechanisms to ensure the GMPAS strategy is enabled for effective execution.
- Partner with Strategy Team, Business Segments, Rest of Africa, Operations, Product development and Customer Solutions teams to improve current and future plans.
- Contribute to functional data resource planning and integration.
- Implement the functional resource plan and take corrective action (where required).
- Manage functions KPIs and implement corrective action.
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Individually accountable for staff time, tasks and output quality.
- Manages performance.
- Plans & assigns work over periods of 3 months to a year.
Finance and Governance
- Responsible for Finance and Risk management, including the management and clearing of audit findings.
- Contributes to functional resource planning and integration.
- Manages the functions KPIs and implements corrective action.
- Drives and manages accountabilities for certain legislative requirements specifically impacting the way we engage with our customers e.g. TCF and PPI.
- Manage Budget
- Masters Degree
- Extensive experience in defining and implement research and insights capabilities essential
- Experience in managing teams
- Prior financial services industry experience preferred.
- Skilled in budget planning and management, including the analysis of costs and financial performance measures. Contributes to the identification of profitable and value-adding business opportunities. Sound knowledge of financial and related commercial concepts (For example Profit & Loss, Return on Investment, Business value drivers) as it applies within a business function.
Business & Market knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of the business landscape (Business value chain, key operational areas). Knows how each business area contributes to business success. Sound knowledge of the market conditions within which the business operates and how potential developments could influence the business. Sound knowledge of competitors to the business and how their product/service offering competes with the business offering.
- Advanced skills in the analysis, modelling and interpretation of data to derive meaningful insights. Uses advanced data visualization techniques. Sound skills in maintaining data integrity. Advanced skills in using data analysis tools.
- Defines the types of insights required to assist in the achievement of marketing goals. Advanced skills in analysing research and other insights to inform marketing plans and decisions. Advanced skills in using key marketing metrics.
Project Coordination and Delivery
- Intermediate skills in coordinating a project according to the required project methodology. Knows how the costs and risks are managed on the project.
- Sound skills in defining research scope and requirements. Recommends suitable research process and methodology. Skilled in research technologies, methodologies and techniques. Analyses research findings and presents recommendations. Skilled in evaluating the research process and results.
- Skilled in implementing the business supplier management policy and process. Defines the performance standards to measure supplier outputs. Skilled in aligning supplier outputs to business needs. Skilled in working with supplier contractual agreements.
- Masters Degree (M) (Required)
- 12 October 2021
To apply for this job please visit oldmutual.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.