The Microsoft Search Assistance and Intelligence (MSAI) team is responsible for enabling intelligence in Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, Bing, and Microsoft Assistant. You would be part of the Knowledge team working on developing state of the art technologies to build an intelligent backend for a host of delightful and powerful user experiences aimed at improving everyday productivity of every Office 365 user and organization. Every single email, chat, document, meeting, search, or any interaction users have with office canvases further augments this knowledge by deep understanding of the user, helping us build user and tenant specific knowledge graphs, while strictly guaranteeing Microsoft’s promise to customer privacy, compliance, and trust.
The features benefiting from this range from the most basic features like autocompleting user queries in Microsoft Search to super ambitious ones like solution for enterprise knowledge management (Viva Topics). We are looking for highly motivated software engineers who are passionate about tackling interesting problems around knowledge mining, user understanding and writing high performance code to serve these intelligent solutions on our distributed systems operating at the scale of exabytes of data.
- Working with a team of software engineers and applied scientists you will be responsible for all stages of the research & development cycle including early ideation, design, implementation, scaling it internationally and finally ensuring that our live is stable and healthy.
- The implementations typically involve writing scalable, distributed, and highly efficient components and shipping large-scale backend services.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, ensure designs meet requirements as well as adhering to all the privacy and compliance guidelines in handling critical user data.
- Collaborating with other engineers to build demos and apps to be able to contribute new ideas.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science (or related fields like Electronic Engineering, Physics or Mathematics).
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and algorithm optimizations.
- 2+ years of software design and development experience with backend services.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in any object-oriented programming language such as C++, C#, Java or Python.
- Experience in writing high-performance code and familiarity with map-reduce, spark.
- Experience in developing or applying predictive analytics, statistical modelling, data mining, or machine learning algorithms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for learning and ramping up on new technologies and codebases.
- Data driven decision making.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.
Subscribe for Updates
News3 months ago
DISCUSSION: South Africans Are Debating A Woman’s Right To Have More Than One Husband😳. What Do You Think?
Community News4 weeks ago
Johns Hopkins Honors Nigerian Teen Fareedah Oyolola As World Brightest Student
Arts & Culture3 months ago
15 Unforgettable Ankara Styles By 15 African Actresses
Fashion3 months ago
20 African Bridesmaid Dress Ideas That You Won’t Find Anywhere
Arts & Culture3 months ago
25 African Shirt For Men From African Prints
Celebrities2 months ago
Which Of These Top 10 Elite And Upcoming Kenya Musicians Is Your Favorite?
Art3 months ago
13 Afrocentric Home Decor Ideas For 2021
Food2 months ago
13 Afrocentric Wedding Cake Ideas