Facebook is seeking an experienced Strategic Partner Manager to build and enhance successful relationships with entertainment partners in Sub-Saharan Africa. This person will collaborate with a diverse range of publishers, including content creators, public figures, music artists, broadcasters and digital media companies to champion strategy and growth around Facebook products, tools and services.
Facebook’s Entertainment Partnerships team partners with the world’s biggest and most exciting creators, media organizations and celebrities on high profile product opportunities. In this fast-growing landscape, the team focuses on driving business value for partners on Facebook platforms through building, reaching and engaging audiences, and pushing the envelope for innovative content experiences.
This job requires high levels of creativity and problem-solving abilities. We are looking for someone who can think strategically, articulate their vision yet also roll up their sleeves to get the job done. You will have a sophisticated knowledge of the social media landscape and entertainment industry on the continent, its content strategies and business models, and the ability to plan, budget and execute programs that add value to the goals of both Facebook and our partners.
In addition, you will apply your knowledge of Africa’s entertainment industry to highlight and champion the continent’s cultural and business impact internally. You will represent Facebook at industry events and media interviews, develop external relationships at executive levels and serve as the primary point of contact for both internal and external entertainment stakeholders.
This position is based in Johannesburg and will involve travel.
Strategic Partner Manager, Entertainment, SSA – Region Responsibilities
- Build and cultivate relationships with a growing and diverse set of creators, public figures, social influencers, entertainment broadcasters and digital media publishers
- Develop expertise on your partners goals & priorities, gather industry insights, and keep your finger on the pulse of the social media & entertainment industry in your region and how Facebook can support it
- Contribute to partner success by providing guidance on optimal use of Facebook & Instagram tools and services, compliance with Community Standards and other rules, as well as content strategy
- Build your Managed Partner Set with sound strategies in line with key goals & objectives
- Prepare bi-annual budgets and develop programmes to support the entertainment sector and position Facebook as a key player in the industry
- Work with data analysts and Partner Solutions colleagues to forecast partner revenue
- track, analyze and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends
- Act as an expert in your region internally and externally and be a strong advocate for partners. Identify and highlight unique success stories from the region to celebrate best practices and seed new trends in the industry
- Build strong relationships with internal teams including Instagram, Marketing, Comms, Sales and regional EMEA counterparts
- Identify scaled training opportunities for various partner cohorts
- Work closely with Support teams to proactively resolve operational, business, and technical issues for your partners
- Extensive experience in the fields of creator or talent management, influencer marketing, digital strategy, and social media
- Deep knowledge of the pan-African media & entertainment landscape, including radio, print, and digital especially in South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya
- Existing network of relationships with public figures, creators, music artists and entertainment media companies
- Keen interest and understanding of video business models
- Ability to communicate effectively and advocate for Facebook and the region with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
To apply for this job please visit www.facebookcareers.com.