EY has an ambitious business growth plan to achieve over the next number of years and its People Agenda is central to that delivery. As an Employee Experience Leader you will be a key part of this plan to push forward our people agenda across Africa.
Working closely with the EY Africa Leadership team, Africa Talent Team, external stakeholders and our wider EY business, you will be instrumental in supporting all aspects of the employee lifecycle with a primary focus on the strategy and implementation for Employee Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) and Organisational Development (OD).agenda for the region. Playing a key role in the Talent Team, you will provide insight and expertise on D&I, OD and Engagement matters, enabling us to meet our ambitions of creating an environment where all our people can bring their best to work each and every day.
Your Key Responsibilities
You will be delivering a strategic plan to drive a coordinated approach across our business to focus both investment and intent on the broader Employee Experienceagenda. This will be executed in line with the overall EY D&I, Engagement and OD plans and goals. Engagement with key internal stakeholders and teams to further integrate inclusiveness into daily operations; including but not limited to Leadership, Talent, other D&I teams, L&OD, Recruitment, Communications, Employee Networks and Marketing
You will provide insight around D&I issues within the business – offering a challenging, robust point of view and intervening when necessary; provide leadership and motivation within the team, acting as a line manager and role model. Other key responsibilities include:
- Innovate and Think Big about employee experience programs and the future of engagement in the workplace
- Responsible for defining and delivering metrics on the impact of programs and initiatives: Future of Work, Diversity & Inclusiveness, Employee Listening and Organisational Development Initiatives.
- Accountable for the ongoing development and execution of a comprehensive and sustainable employee experience strategy. Collaborates with Executive Leadership, Talent and other stakeholders across EY to build culture and corporate identity with our employees
- Ongoing development and execution of Employee Experience infrastructure, including all processes, tools, policies and procedures for EY Africa
- Leverage deep analytical experience to define and build operational metrics that yield the insights necessary to drive organisational transformation and measurement of the impact of people programs
- Lead others to drive ongoing programme improvements based on user feedback and performance measurements
- Manage initiatives that reinforce EY’s values and create a professional and happy workplace.
- Owning and managing annual plan/budget for Employee Experience
- Global/EMEIA Employee Listening Surveys – Comprehensive plan for execution. Ownership of delivery, analysis, interpretation of results, and action planning
- Staying up-to-date on current trends and best practices related to Employee Experience.
- Formally and informally coaching leaders on how to engage employees and amplify the employee experience
- Responsible for showing ROI for employee engagement initiatives
- Responsible for defining and delivering metrics on the impact of programs and initiatives
- Support equitable standards in the recruitment, development, retention, and promotion of a highly diverse employee members.
- Cultivate branding to promote diversity and inclusion to potential hires.
- Professionally represent and articulate EY’s employee experience philosophy and approach through the delivery of presentations, written and verbal communications, both internally and externally.
- Manage the employee lifecycle and employee experience by cultivating a strong sense of belonging, engagement and collaboration among employees.
- Identifying employee needs and track patterns of employee experiences as part of a continuous improvement
- Consult with Region/BU leaders, Partners, D&I council members (as applicable) and Region/BU Talent team members to develop strategic plans for D&I, using the Vision 2020 roadmap, to make progress up the D&I culture change continuum at both the organizational and individual levels; Consult with service line leadership as needed to ensure Region D&I objectives are aligned with service line D&I objectives
- Establish a locally relevant diversity scorecard to understand locally applicable D&I metrics and data (e.g., recruiting, headcount, retention, G360 account and client assignments, GPS, pipeline, promotions, leadership appointments)
- Serve as the EY South Africa Employment Equity Manager to lead the annual Employment Equity requirements as stipulated by the South African Department of Labour.
- Lead the Skills development and Socio Economic Development Pillars of the EY BBBEE submission.
- Oversee and manage the onboarding process and ‘Welcome to EY’ for new joiners.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- South Africa BBBEE and Employment Equity experience
- An ability to think laterally and creatively with an Engagement, D&I and OD ‘mind-set’
- Building relationship with several senior stakeholders and managing the balance between their requirements and Employee Experience imperatives in a robust and assertive way
- A self-starting disposition; comfortable working on your own and with teams
- Maintaining a strong understanding of key business and financial drivers that determine EY’s success
- Analyze data and trends to develop programs, re-align strategies, set priorities and define process across the region
- Ability to effectively manage, counsel, coach and develop other
To qualify for the role you must have
- 8-10 years’ experience of delivering D&I/change within a complex and commercial organisation
- A track record of working with ambiguity, juggling conflicting demands and prioritising effectively
- Demonstrable ability to apply judgement and influence with challenging individuals, dealing with complex situations, paired with a high level of sensitivity and discretion
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge and/or experience of change management/ organizational development/ inclusion best practice and/or talent management
- Commercial awareness and a pragmatic approach
- Positive mind-set, resilience and ability to focus on longer term organizational change
What We Look For
This role will suit an empathetic, pragmatic person who is committed to the core principles of employee engagement, diversity and inclusiveness and organizational development. You will have extensive corporate experience and an ability to operate at the C-suite to influence and affect change. Numeracy and the ability to interpret data will be an advantage.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ey.com.