This role is suitable for a candidate with deep understanding a business systems and processes as well as the corresponding data structures. Ideally the person has worked for multiple years in a reporting role and is familiar with the needs and asks of the business. This person will be working with a dynamic team of individuals across finance and operations who are passionate about data and analytics and want to improve and exceed expectations of the EY Reporting end user global community.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead planning, forecasting and reporting of financial results and performance of Service Lines/Service Functions.
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual P&L Budget vs Actual analysis and reporting.
- Work closely with various Service functions / Service lines of the organization to ensure that plan/forecast is coherent and incorporates the directions and expectations of the management.
- Supports stakeholder teams in the provision of Management Information, Operations Information through interactive dashboards and reports.
- Work with the Global team of Data Analysts/Reporting Analysts to prepare and distribute reports and also provide ad-hoc analysis as required by the stakeholders
- Create indicator for reports and generates data-driven analysis and insights. Provides guidance and coaching to stakeholders around the use of data and reporting as a basis for decision-making.
- Has highly collaborative relationships with key members of the firm i.e. COO’s etc
- Reviews monthly indirect expenses and provided feedback on variances across the Region
- Business wise head count analysis and reporting on SL staff salary vs chargeability
- Provide commentaries on the reporting and play the trusted business advisor role to the leadership.
- Prepare weekly and monthly presentations to the leadership team which will provide the overview/insight on actual vs plan results.
- Report delivery; as a senior member of the team it is expected that you will have a strong understanding of the reporting tools, development methods, EY strategy/business acumen and data.
- Work and communicate with SL/office/regions in order to collect commentary, explanations, and clarifications on analyzing information.
- Supports the controlling team with the timeliness of monthly closing process, accuracy of monthly results and timeliness and quality of financial plans and forecasts
- Manages role and access to the Mercury system
- Direct supervision of the Africa Reporting and Analytics Manager.
- Responsible to setup, training and management of the Africa Reporting and Analytics Manager.
- Support to the Africa Country Finance leads.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- A strong team player, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Excellent communication and networking skills – able to effectively manage and influence senior leaders as well as a broad range of internal and client facing professionals
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a high pace, agile, virtual environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities effectively
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server
- Experience of developing in Report Builder and PowerBI.
- Strong experience with reporting concepts and tasks (operational or functionally), reporting tools/technology as well as preparing and presenting information to other users in different formats
- Strong experience and expertise implementing reporting solutions and designing data models and flows
- Experience working with IT and playing the role of the middle person between the business and IT
- Experience with usability, design principles and visualization of data
Ideally, you’ll also have
A good understanding of;
- EY services/structures/hierarchies.
- Finance and Markets concepts.
What We Look For
We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do. Someone who is willing to push the boundaries and offer innovative and creative solutions to current challenges. We are looking for a team player who recognizes that the role they play is an important part of the success for the team as a whole. We want someone who is willing to learn, grow and develop and who is able to mentor those who are less capable than they are. We are looking for someone who is actively growing their career and who realizes that by being part of this team there are no boundaries to what we can achieve together.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ey.com.