We are looking for a regional press officer, Africa.
This person will handle Bolt’s PR in Kenya or Ghana in-house, and manage the agencies representing our Ghanian, Tanzanian and Ugandan markets. The Eastern African and West African markets are a really important region to Bolt – you can look forward to the thrills and spills of our burgeoning ride-hailing, micromobility and food delivery product lines.
It’s an exciting, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have a big say on how an extremely ambitious, fast-growing company like Bolt is perceived across multiple countries.
Let’s build the future of mobility together!
Your daily adventures will include:
- Draft and execute a local PR plan, in co-operation with the local operations team and HQ PR team
- Keep an eye out for PR opportunities, and proactively act on them
- Handle press enquiries professionally and in a timely manner, converting new contacts into close ones
- Act as day-to-day contact with existing PR agencies in the region
- Work with PR agencies to ensure Bolt remains top of mind
- Regularly measure and review performance to ensure output remains high
- Train and prepare local spokespeople
- Co-ordinate consumer PR activities with the marketing team, leveraging PR content in social media and vice versa
We are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience in a PR agency or in-house comms team for a growth company
- Knowledge of the local media landscape, connections in newsrooms and an understanding of what works and what doesn’t on the local market
- International experience – you’ve run PR campaigns that have included a number of markets, and you know how to adapt messages for different audiences
- Crisis communication skills to manage unexpected situations
- A strategic mindset coupled with an eye for detail
- Outstanding writing skills as well as an understanding of different styles of writing (from press releases to op-eds, from blog posts to spokesperson briefings)
- Native/native-level written and spoken Swahili, excellent English
- A can-do approach to solving problems. Never done that before? Not in your job description? You don’t care, you’ll work it out.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bolt.eu.