Website Absa Group
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Join the CIB Payments Exchange Control team as an Exchange Control Consultant! You will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of Exchange Control in conjunction with the South African Reserve Bank, you will support various Stakeholder units within ABSA as well as external clients by providing an Exchange Control Service offering by way of consultation and representation to SARB via Head Office Exchange Control.
- Vet all transactions for compliance in terms of Exchange Control Regulations or specific SA Reserve Bank approvals
- Allocate the correct FINSURV reporting categories (BoP) and Sections of the Currency and Exchanges Manual for Authorised Dealers or ECA approval for transactions vetted
- Liaise with clients in respect of Exchange Control related matters regarding transactions received for vetting when required
- Provide superior customer services and support to clients and internal stakeholders in respect of rendering Exchange Control Advisory services for client portfolio
- Efficiently deliver and ensure continuation of service by applying specialist knowledge for problem solving and advice for remediation and prevention to ensure continuous improvement of existing processes and product offering, methodology and system integrity
- Remain alert and report real or potential risks identified from customer transactions
- Be familiar with all risk management and compliance processes and procedures relating to foreign exchange transactions and ensure full compliance with applicable Regulations
- Continuously ensure an up-to-date and holistic understanding of the Wholesale and Corporate
- Banking environment, processes, procedures, technology platforms, products, compliance and risk
- Maintain and continuously look for opportunities to further develop skills and knowledge base
- Remain up-to-date with industry and sector related knowledge and information
Education And Experience Required
- NQF Level 5: Grade 12
- Minimum 3 years General Banking experience
- Minimum 1 year Exchange Control / Forex experience
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.