Website Absa Group
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
The CIB Payments and Regulatory Centre of Excellence remains a winning team! Join them as a Product Owner for International Payments in a role where you will be required to implement and lead on delivery of standardised, strategic payment platforms, ensuring that business stays on the leading edge of the payment markets and enabling business to deliver competitive customer-centric products and services.
- Engage with the Business Product Owners and contribute on CVP development focusing on Payment Ops and Technology aspects
- Engage the market through designated industry forums and on demand where required to by formal structures in the bank
- Understand the business strategies and medium-term plans and ensure that new proposals for projects or initiatives are aligned to the elements before approving proposals
- Drive new thinking within the business by proactively identifying, incubating and packaging relevant concepts/solutions that can be applied to the BUs in such a way that they improve efficiencies
- Have a deep understanding of the business and technology architectures underpinning the International Payments capability
- Conduct research on a frequent basis to remain up to date with trends in the industry and the extent to which they impact technology, processes and architecture and evaluate business position against these trends
- Work with managers in the team to achieve excellent business results through participating in continuous people development and mentoring activities
- Determine and recommend training and development needs for squad members
- Ensure the successful and profitable end-to-end execution of all change projects within Business, by ensuring that all change governance is adhered to
- Oversee all project plans to ensure that all the project management standards, for example, the Business Change Life Cycle (BCL) are in place and monitor performance with the portfolio/project manager to ensure that they are adhered to by change projects
- Engage with the BU Heads on a regular basis, to understand the business drivers and areas in the business that compromise the business to deliver services efficiently and effectively and that are extremely expensive to operate or fulfil on.
Education And Experience Required
- BCom Degree in Finance or Business Management
- 6 years’ experience in Project Management / Programme Management / Process Reengineering
- Knowledge of International Payments
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.