Website Absa Group
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
An exciting role that focuses on improving the Fraud Operations “Ways of Working”. Effectively, “Fixing” broken processes and system as well as “Building” capability for effective Fraud detection, preventions and recovery of bank and or customer funds.
This specialist role allows a colleague to work independently, with a measure of autonomy, work in a multi- disciplinary team within Fraud Solutions and across various Products and Channels. The Colleague will play a crucial part in understanding the continuously changing fraud modus operandi used by fraudsters and creatively review and enhance “Ways of Working” to mitigate these fraud attacks.
This role will advise Fraud Solutions on digital innovation and latest trends in the market to combat fraud, introduce efficiencies and alignment with relevant standards and policies. In this role, you will have an opportunity to influence both Fraud Solutions and the various Products and Channels teams on changes in operations and thus address Fraud Solutions needs.
The high level duties of the role:
- Serve as subject matter expert across all fraud types and channels
- Assess business performance against Key Value Drivers and introduce business change to steer business towards strategic objective
- Critically evaluate fraud modus operandi and assess control weaknesses for enhancement
- Drive control enhancement intervention to improve fraud detection and preventions rates
- Identify opportunities to improve fraud control to mitigate fraud losses and negative customer experience
- Continuously review the fraud recoveries value chain to enhance the rate of recoveries.
- Continuously review the fraud investigations capabilities to improve the ‘ways of working’
- Assess and improve the fraud execution tools to enhance operational execution.
- Investigate and perform needs analysis by interviewing product or business process owners.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to system users who request changes for all systems in use in the department. Support their understanding of the dependencies and interfaces between systems and to help them identify and use existing functionality as far as possible before pursuing new development.
- Continuously assess the efficiency of systems and processes in place in the department and make detailed recommendations to business process owners and product managers on how to improve, what the savings would be and possible implementation approaches.
- Analyse the impact of proposed changes on processes, systems, people, methods and controls and advice stakeholders of the identified impact and proposed solutions for conflicts or risk issues.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams to support operational improvement initiatives resulting in business operations efficiency and improvement.
- Support line managers with the process changes and improvements within a business unit.
- Build and foster sound working relationships with all business stakeholders.
- Guide, motivate and support staff during business processes changes and business efficiency initiatives.
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks relating to enhancements and or changes to systems, processes and procedures are managed within governance.
- Manage the successful integration of new systems by complying with Absa Bank policy, processes and standards.
- Relevant degree or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification
- At least 3-5 years Fraud experience in a Banking environment
- Project management training ⁄ qualification relevant technology qualification
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Fraud systems management and/or Fraud process optimization or enhancement
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- Great Team environment
- Autonomy to produce excellent results and delight colleagues and customers.
- Opportunity to influence and interact with senior management
- Work in a multi –disciplinary environment
- Opportunity to discover and learn
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.