What We’re Looking For:
2U partners with leading universities to offer Boot Camp programs in Web Development, Data Analytics, Financial Technology, and Cybersecurity. Our platform combines a market-driven curriculum, robust career services, and a multinational community of universities, instructors, and employers to prepare adult learners for careers in the digital economy.
Our programs have been in existence since 2015, and since then, we’ve launched an additional 300 classes across the globe. We have hired more than 1,900 Instructors and Teaching Assistants to support our students.
As a Central Academic Support Manager, the primary goal is to manage the efficiency of our central teams that support our Boot Camp students & classrooms. You will be in charge of expanding a Central Support team in Cape Town for a division based in the United States, building teams that provide academic and administrative support to a global student Boot Camp population.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Work closely with international leadership to stand up new teams in Cape Town.
- Train, manage, and develop Central Support team members who provide academic and administrative support to our Boot Camp students.
- Work with Management & Subject Matter Experts to implement processes for increased student support and satisfaction.
- Assist with escalations and provide support for Central Academic Support team members.
- Perform quality assurance for Central Academic Support team members.
- Communicate between stakeholders in the United States and Cape Town to ensure teams stay aligned on goals, expectations, and operational logistics.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Customer Service.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with managing teams.
- Experience handling escalations in a customer service environment.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- A positive attitude and empathetic personality.
- Experience with technical systems and computer programming nice to have, but not necessary.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.