Impact Dakar’s has launched the Incuberation program that aims to support Dakar’s most innovative early-stage entrepreneurs and turn their ideas into viable start-ups.
Organized in collaboration with Dalberg, the incubation program starts with weekly sessions over a three-month period on topics ranging from business model canvas, start-up development, design thinking, English classes and fundraising. This is then followed by a six-month in-house acceleration program. Participants will have access to Impact Dakar’s prime co-working space for the duration of the program. A network of mentors, coaches and experts will work closely with the start-ups to help them launch and grow their ventures. The best start-ups will have access to seed funding at the end of the program.
Over 60 applications were received, and 12 start-ups were selected following the pitch day. Over 20 finalists were nominated to pitch their start-ups with a 3-minute pitch followed by 5 minutes of Q&A with the selection panel.
The judging panel for the selection process included: Co-founders of Impact Dakar, Madjiguene Sock and Aziz Sy, Mafal Lo, Founder and CEO of Firefly, a Senegalese start-up that participated in last year’s PitchDrive and Fayelle Ouane Co-founder of Suguba.
- Women’s Rights Activist Is Ethiopia’s First Female Supreme Court Chief
- Tanzania Government Has a Free Offer for Investors
- Ethiopia Makes History With Their New President
- Mohammed Dewji, Africa’s youngest billionaire, free 9 days after abduction
- Ethiopia Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Disarms Armed Protesting Soldiers with Push Ups
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95