Tanzania Speaker of Parliament Job Ndugai banned some women Members of Parliament (MPs) from stepping into parliament. He said on September 10th that women with false eyelashes and false finger nails will not be allowed to enter the legislative house.
“With the powers vested in me by the Constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania, I now ban all MPs with false eyelashes and false finger nails from stepping into Parliament,” he said.
He said he was also consulting with experts before deciding on whether or not to ban those MPs who make use of make-ups excessively from entering the august House.
Mr Ndugai announced the ban shortly after the Deputy Minister for Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Dr Faustine Ndugulile, told the House that women with false eyelashes and false finger nails face several health complications that cost the country dearly.
- Egypt Advances Its Plan to Become A Regional Center for Energy with Sudan Electric Linkage Project
- 👌🏾Kenyan Shatters Marathon World Record By 78 Seconds
- 👍🏾Tanzania App Emerges as Ecobank Fintech Challenge First Place Winner
- 😲 If You Are A Tanzania Female MP Who Does One Of These Things, You Will Be Banned Says Speaker of Parliament
- Thousands flock to Africa’s first Comic Con
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95