Many fans fell in love with half Ghanian -half Sierra-Leonian actor Idris Elba when he appeared on the hit show ‘The Wire’. He went on to star in films like Tyler Perry’s “Daddy’s Little Girls” and the block-buster hit thriller “Obsessed”, and can now be seen on NBC’s “The Office”.
Now that he has conquered the film circuit, the smooth talking star who moved from Britain to the USA a few years ago to broaden his acting career is ready to add the title of singer to his resume.
This decision shouldn’t come as a surprise to die-hard fans who know that Idris already produced an album called “Big Man” that wasn’t commercially released.This new album, tentatively titled “King Amongst Kings” will feature four to six tracks, one of them being a reaggae influenced song called “Please Be True”.
“A lot of people are just getting over the fact that I’m not playing gangsters”, he said (referring to his stint on ‘The Wire’), “And now I’m singing.This is a new side I’m Offering”.
In the interview with Essence magazine, Idris offered no release date, but mentioned that he will star in three new films. He will play a soldier affected by post-traumatic stress in the movie ‘Legacy’, and will star alongside TI in ‘Takers’. He is also working with actress Zoe Saldana in ‘The Losers’
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95