Author Nnedi Okorafor announced on Twitter Monday that HBO has optioned her award-winning novel Who Fears Death for a TV adaptation. Most interestingly of all, Okorafor added that Game of Thrones mastermind George R.R. Martin is also involved.
— Nnedi Okorafor, PhD (@Nnedi) July 10, 2017
The 2010 novel takes place in a post-apocalyptic future Africa riven by genocidal tribal conflict between the light-skinned Nuru and dark-skinned Okeke. The protagonist Onyesonwu (whose name is Igbo for the book’s title, “who fears death”) was born of an interracial rape. As she grows older she realizes she has magical powers — and even more importantly, that someone else with powerful magic is trying to kill her. Who Fears Death won the 2011 World Fantasy Award for Best Novel.
- 👍🏾Tanzania App Emerges as Ecobank Fintech Challenge First Place Winner
- 😲 If You Are A Tanzania Female MP Who Does One Of These Things, You Will Be Banned Says Speaker of Parliament
- Thousands flock to Africa’s first Comic Con
- 3 of the Top Eight Fastest-Growing Airbnb Countries In The World Are in Africa
- African Presidents Confront China on Trade Imbalance And China Says This
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95