In Ghanaian culture, children are sometimes given a “day name” which corresponds to the day in the week that the child is born. Having this in mind, can you solve the puzzle below?
David’s mother is Ghanaian and has 4 children. The oldest child is a bubbly boy who was born on a Friday so she named him Kofi. The 2nd is a beautiful girl born on a lovely Sunday so she named her Esi. The 3rd is a handsome young fellow who was born on a Monday so she named him Kojo. The youngest child is a lovely little baby boy who was born on a Thursday.
What did she name him? Note that only one of the names is the correct option.
Ghanaian Male Names
- Sunday: Akwasi, Kwasi, Kwesi, Akwesi, Sisi, Kacely, Kosi
- Monday: Kojo, Kwadwo, Jojo, Joojo, Kujoe
- Tuesday: Kwabena, Kobe, Kobi, Ebo, Kabelah, Komla, Kwabela
- Wednesday: Kwaku, Abeiku, Kuuku, Kweku
- Thursday: Yaw, Ekow
- Friday: Kofi, Fifi, Fiifi, Yoofi
- Saturday: Kwame, Kwamena, Kwamina, Kobby
Ghanaian Female Names
- Sunday: Akosua, Akwasi, Akos, Esi, Awesi
- Monday: Adwoa, Adjoa, Adzoa, Adwoma, Ajoba
- Tuesday: Abena, Araba, Abenayo
- Wednesday:Akuba, Abla, Akua, Aku, Kukua, Akuma
- Thursday: Aba, Yaa, Baaba, Awo
- Friday: Afua, Afia, Afi
- Saturday: Ama, Oheama, Ameyo
Did you get it? Please leave your answer in the comment box below.
Subscribe for Updates
- Events1 month ago
Meet The Africans On Facebook Oversight Board That Decided Trump’s Fate On The Platform
- Business and Development1 month ago
Top 10 African Currencies With The Most Value In 2021
- Hair3 months ago
20 Kids Hairstyles Perfect For School
- Afrosapeur of the Week3 months ago
Afrosapeur Spotlight: Fally Ipupa’s Weird Fashion Sense
- COVID192 months ago
🤔Why Is WHO Telling African Countries To Use Expired COVID-19 Vaccines?
- Arts & Culture3 months ago
100 African Baby Names And Their Meaning
- Food3 months ago
6 Jollof Rice Variants From 6 West African Nations
- Food3 months ago
6 Variations Of The Delicious South African Samp Recipe