In Ghanaian culture, children are sometimes given a “day name” which corresponds to the day in the week that the child is born.
Can you solve the puzzle below?
David’s mother is Ghanaian and has 4 children. The oldes child is a bubbly boy who was born on a Friday so she named him Kofi. The 2nd is a beautiful girl born on a lovely Sunday so she named her Esi. The 3rd is a handsome young fellow who was born on a Monday so she named him Kojo. The youngest child is a lovely little baby boy who was born on a Thursday.
What did she name him?
Ghanaian Male Names
- Sunday: Akwasi, Kwasi, Kwesi, Akwesi, Sisi, Kacely, Kosi
- Monday: Kojo, Kwadwo, Jojo, Joojo, Kujoe
- Tuesday: Kwabena, Kobe, Kobi, Ebo, Kabelah, Komla, Kwabela
- Wednesday: Kwaku, Abeiku, Kuuku, Kweku
- Thursday: Yaw, Ekow
- Friday: Kofi, Fifi, Fiifi, Yoofi
- Saturday: Kwame, Kwamena, Kwamina, Kobby
Ghanaian Female Names
- Sunday: Akosua, Akwasi, Akos, Esi, Awesi
- Monday: Adwoa, Adjoa, Adzoa, Adwoma, Ajoba
- Tuesday: Abena, Araba, Abenayo
- Wednesday:Akuba, Abla, Akua, Aku, Kukua, Akuma
- Thursday: Aba, Yaa, Baaba, Awo
- Friday: Afua, Afia, Afi
- Saturday: Ama, Oheama, Ameyo
- Hair2 months ago
Easy Natural Short Hair Faux Afro Bun For The Beginner Naturalista
- Celebrities2 months ago
10 African Celebrity Breakups. Would You Have Handled Them Any Differently?
- Beauty2 months ago
APAM Mr And Mrs Albinism Beauty Pageant And Talent Show Set For September
- Food2 months ago
Can Bole Festival Become Africa’s Biggest Street Food Festival?
- Hair2 months ago
This Natural Hair Wash Day Routine Will Tame The Kinkiest Curls
- Sports2 months ago
Kalidou Koulibaly Talks About Dealing With Racism And His Journey To The Top
- Business and Development2 months ago
Year Of Return: Ghana And Jamaica Waive Entry Visa Requirements
- Arts & Culture3 months ago
South Africa’s Sho Madjozi Made History At The 2019 BET Awards