#Angelina Jolie and Bratt Pitt can’t keep Africa off their minds and they make a major gesture to fight AIDS in Ethiopia. They made a $2 million to create a center, named after their adopted daughter, , for Ethiopian children affected by AIDS and tuberculosis. The money will be used to establish a center in the Ethiopian capital to treat AIDS orphans and develop a program to treat drug-resistant tuberculosis.
“It is our hope that when Zahara is older, she will take responsibility for the clinic and continue its mission,” Pitt said in a statement.
The Jolie-Pitt Foundation helped set up a similar clinic in 2006 in that is named after Jolie’s adopted son, Maddox.
“Our goal is to transfer the success we have had in Cambodia to Ethiopia where people are needlessly dying of tuberculosis, a curable disease, and HIV/AIDS, a treatable disease,” Jolie said.
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95