Egypt is going toe to toe with Facebook by launching it’s own social media network called EgyptFace.
“Soon as Egypt Face was launched, a large number of people signed up for the new social network, some of whom called for their experience, although the site was still anonymous and was not endorsed by anyone,” a Lebanese news portal, An Nahar said. “The domain registrar’s contact information and owner were also hidden,” the report added.
Founders of the website remain unknown, however it is believed that it is a project by the Egyptian government. According to local media reports, the Communication Minister, Yasser al-Qadi, said a little under two weeks before the launch of the website that Egypt was set to launch its own social network that will rival the global tech giants such as Facebook.
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95