The process for designers to showcase at the 5th #African Vibes Magazine Anniversary celebration in Hollywood, CA begins today January 24th 2011. With a little over three months to go, the countdown begins in scouting for the best collections and designers of contemporary African wear.
If you are an independent designer of contemporary African fashions and would like to present your collection on the “#I Wear African” Runway, please review the information below and submit your request. Deadline for all submissions is February 25th 2011:
We provide all you will need for a great presentation
- 10 to 15 Models
- Hair Stylist
- Makeup and Makeup Artists
- Music for the Runway
- Runway Coordination
- An Assistant to help you backstage
Your Opportunity to reach a broad audience
- Your participation will be announced via Press Release
- Your profile will be set up on our website and shared with our “I Wear African” fan base
- You will be included in our Publicist’s information packet to other media outlets
- You will be part of our pre-event Press day for media interviews with other media outlets
- You will be profiled in our anniversary event booklet which will be handed out to all attendees
- Your showcase will be included in the post event coverage on our website and in the African Vibes magazine
- You will be given the opportunity to dress any of our high profile guests at the event
Convert your participation into revenue
- Last year, many guests contacted us after the event asking us to create a place where they could purchase designs from the “I Wear African” Runway show. This year we will do just that and you will have the opportunity to include 5 of your showcased designs in the post event “I Wear African” storefront.
You will receive VIP accommodation at the event
- You will receive Gold VIP Accommodation at our event. This means you can bring 3 VIP guests to the event and receive a reserved table with a complimentary bottle of premium champagne at our VIP Only After Party to celebrate this milestone with us.
There is a mandatory participation fee of $500 for Designers who are approved to participate. This helps us limit participation to those designers most interested in taking advantage of this great opportunity. We go the extra mile for you to see you succeed and we want to know that you are just as committed.
Please note that only a limited number of designers can participate at this event. We usually confirm more than the required number of designers. The first required number of confirmed designers who complete their participation fee will be showing at the event.
If you have a special circumstance or have a question not addressed here, please email email@example.com/wordpressnew
Designers interested in participating are required to submit the online application below before February 25th 2011. Early review will begin February 15th and early notification will be given to designers who signed up early. All selected designers will receive notification no later than February 28th 2011. A 50% non refundable deposit will be required to hold designer’s spot by March 4th. The remainder will be due by March 18th. Note that designers will not be considered a participant until fee is paid in full.
After participation is confirmed, we will be in constant communication with designer to ensure a smooth and successful showcase. For questions relating to this and any other related concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org/wordpressnew
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY REGISTRATION DEPOSITS BEFORE YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE SHOWCASE. ONCE ACCEPTED, YOU WILL BE SENT AN EMAIL ON HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PARTICIPATION FEE.
- Money Matters1 month ago
The Njangi: An African Financial Support System
- Game Changer4 weeks ago
How An African Overcame Racism To Become The Most Famous Black Man In Korea
- Lifestyle3 weeks ago
Reverse Brain Drain: The reason Kim and Priscilla Addison moved to Ghana to do business
- Travel3 months ago
16 Beautiful Cities to Visit In Africa
- Game Changer3 months ago
Top 10 Current African Heads of State
- Sports2 months ago
Top 20 African Soccer Players To Watch In 2019
- Travel2 months ago
10 Must See Historic Sites In Ghana
- Game Changer2 months ago
Nigerian Makes History At NASA