Starting out with just $100, unreliable electricity, a computer science degree and lots of ambition, Cameroonian University of Yaoundé graduate, Guillaume Olivier Madiba, used the Internet to teach himself how to build Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan, a role-playing game set in a fantasy-historical Africa. The game is now set to become a hollywood production.
Good Fear Film company, run by Jake Weiner and Chris Bender, has picked up movie rights to the game.“This is an incredibly unique entry into the fantasy genre and we are as inspired by Madiba as we are in the world that he has created,” Bender and Weiner said in a joint statement.
“We have an advantage with our colonial past, in that we can relate to people from different countries. We need to find a place in the games industry that will make us the center of gaming world trade,” said Madiba in a recent interview with CNN
The game follows the character Enzo Kori-Odan, Prince of Zama. He is scheduled to marry his lifelong love Erine Evou and be crowned King. They become victims of a coup by Ngarba Evou, the prince’s brother-in-law, who exiles them on their wedding and coronation day. Luckily, Enzo can call on the Aurion, a powerful collective energy channelled from past ancestors that can unlock devastating fighting abilities and combos to help him beat his foes. The royal couple travels through a fantasy world, recruiting allies and fighting to regain their rightful command. Players battle amid thatched roofs, lush green settings, percussive music and colorfully robed tribal characters.
Read More Here >>
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95