Africans have talent even when it comes to something as controversial as drag. The most disapproving cannot deny that Bebe Zahara Benet (a.k.a. Nea Marshall Kudi) has loads of talent and was very deserving of her win as the Queen in #RuPaul’s Drag Race. Thanks to Bebe, I came to see drag as an art form and with that I was in awe of the creativity of these artists.
#Bebe Zahara Benet has opened up the opportunity for a conversation that was taboo to begin within #African communities. The endless questions and denials. Many of those questions we want to ask Bebe directly and we have in an interview that will be featured in the next issue.
But in the meantime, it is cheers to a contestant that worked hard and gave it her all in a hard fought competition.
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95