Self taught Designer, #Arthlene Legair and Designer of the #Legair Brand will be showing her Africa inspired collection on the “#I Wear African” Runway in Hollywood on April 24th 2010. Legair was born in the Caribbean Island of #Dominica #West Indies and has over 30 years of experience in the fashion industry. She is also the CEO of LeGair Brand Ltd, her own label which is based in Columbus Ohio. She creates formal, couture, prom, and business attire for Teens and Adults as well as one of a kind accessories.
She was the wardrobe designer for A Walk on Water Production Company. Her design is on the cover and also featured in the movie, “The Best Leading Daddy”.
Legair’s clothing has been in the ICC Christmas play, at the Mother Daughter fashion show, The C.O tour of Columbus, Nellie’s Catwalk 4 Kids, Miss Black Ohio Modeling Inc, Hair meets Fashion and “I Am Fashion” shows.
One of her designs, a peacock feathered gown with over 550 hand sewn feathers, was featured in Issue 14 of the #African Vibes Magazine.
What we can expect at the “I Wear African” Runway Show
“I love African fabrics; they are so rich and vibrant. I plan to incorporate modern styles with African fabrics into my collection. I am ecstatic to be a part of the “I Wear African” campaign; it has encouraged me create a full line of contemporary African elegant designs which I will present at the show.”
Pieces from Previous Collections
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157623669030770″]
- RECIPE OF THE DAY: Moroccan Lamb Tangine With Asian Pears
- Ethiopia Prime Minister’s New Defense Minister Is A Woman and So Is 50% Of His Ministerial Cabinet
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95