This year’s Victoria Secret Fashion show model line up includes two African models. One of them is Angolan model, Maria Borgess, who made history at the show last year. She challenged the lingerie brand’s typical parade of models with flowing, tousled hair, by being the first black model to ever walk in the Victoria Secret fashion show whilst wearing her natural afro hair.
This year is joined by another African model, Herieth Paul from Tanzania who is also rocking a natural afro. They are two of three models this year who are wearing a low cut afro. The third being Houston native Jourdana Phillips who recently cut her hair and bleached it.
About Maria Borge:
24 yea old Angolan model, Maria Borges, was raised by her siblings during the Angolan Civil War and has been walking runways since 2012. This will be her third year in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. She was named Forbes Africa Magazine’s top model of 2013. She has walked the runways for Versace, Emporio Armani, Tom Ford, Dior, Marc Jacobs and many other prestigious brands.
A Little About Herieth Paul:
20 year old Herieth Paul is a Tanzanian fashion model who has walked for everyone from Diane von Fûrstenberg to Tom Ford. This is her first Victoria Secret runway show. Her modeling career kicked off when she went to a model angency open call in Ottawa, Canada and was ‘discovered’.
- 10 Beautiful Hair Colors To Inspire Your Next Look
- 👍🏾Tunisia Becomes Second African Country And First Arab Nation To Outlaw Racism. Here Is What Will Happen If You Break The Law
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Given Ugandan Names
- Kigali Genocide Memorial Unveils New Digital Education Platform For Genocide Education
- ❓🤔QUESTION FOR YOU: Should Kenyan Immigration Have Deported This Chinese Man Over His Racist Rant?
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95