The Summit comes at a time when Airbnb is growing rapidly in Africa–especially in South Africa. The Airbnb community has grown quickly as guests from every corner of the world come to Africa to explore local destinations, participate in unique, one-of-a-kind Experiences, and connect with hosts from diverse communities across the continent. Over the past few years, destinations across Africa have emerged to become some of the fastest-growing Airbnb markets in the world.
Over 3.5 million guests have arrived at listings on Airbnb across Africa to date, with roughly half of these arrivals occurring in just the past year. Of the top eight fastest-growing countries in the world for Airbnb guest arrivals, three are located in Africa: Nigeria, Ghana, and Mozambique.
There are over 130,000 Airbnb listings across Africa. And across the continent, some of the top destinations are growing fast:
In fact, seven countries in Africa have seen guest arrivals more than double in the past year.
And in South Africa, though Cape Town is the most popular destination, other markets across the country have grown quickly:
According to an internal Airbnb survey of guests who traveled to South Africa in 2017, an overwhelming 82 percent say they are more likely to return to South Africa due to Airbnb. The survey data also demonstrates that guests are choosing to use Airbnb when they visit South Africa because they’re seeking a different travel experience, one where they can live like a local and explore specific, local neighborhoods. Airbnb guests to South Africa also specifically view Airbnb as a more environmentally friendly, authentic way to travel, with greater benefit to the local economies where they are traveling.
Airbnb guests are coming to Africa to explore unique, amazing homes across the continent, and they’re staying with a thriving array of hosts. In South Africa, 65 percent of Airbnb home hosts are women–one of the highest percentages for any country in the world.
- Egypt Advances Its Plan to Become A Regional Center for Energy with Sudan Electric Linkage Project
- 👌🏾Kenyan Shatters Marathon World Record By 78 Seconds
- 👍🏾Tanzania App Emerges as Ecobank Fintech Challenge First Place Winner
- 😲 If You Are A Tanzania Female MP Who Does One Of These Things, You Will Be Banned Says Speaker of Parliament
- Thousands flock to Africa’s first Comic Con
- Africa 24K Gold-Plated Afronista Statement Earrings $29.95
- African Print triangle bikini $19.95 – $29.95
- Alephonsion Deng Cover $4.95